Are you an experienced commercial vehicle technician looking for a role as a mechanical engineer on a diverse fleet of vehicles with an amazing team?
Belle Vue Manchester Ltd operates school bus services and coach hire services in the UK and Europe from our base in Stockport. We are one of the largest bus operators in the North West area.
Belle Vue prides itself on carrying passengers safely and with a high standard of customer service from start to finish. Furthermore, we offer a unique place of work, where PEOPLE are recognised as the company’s number one asset.
Teamwork makes the dream work!
Our maintenance team plays an important role in ensuring our fleet of vehicles are maintained to a high standard. All our teams to provide a five-star service and are supported, trained and bursting to do so!
We like to reward our many teams financially and emotionally. This is for providing the high standard of service we always deliver and for representing our business in the most appropriate manner.
If recognition is important to you, a constant pathway to grow and further your career, plus a willingness to work towards achieving goals, objectives and the company mission for all our team needs, then we are for you!
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Mechanical Engineer to join our Maintenance Team based in Stockport. Successful Mechanical Engineers will work as part of the Maintenance Team to assist with the maintenance and repair of all buses and coaches in line with regulations and to the high, record-breaking company standards.
As a Mechanic you will be tasked to:
- Carry out routine services and inspections;
- Conduct wheel changes;
- Carry out oil changes quickly and efficiently to manufacturer’s and specialist standards;
- Repair minor defects wherever and whenever needed;
- Ensure all documentation is completed and maintained according to company procedures;
- Demonstrate flexibility in line with operational requirements;
- Maintain good housekeeping and conform to Safety, Health, Environment and Fire (SHEF) Regulations.
Experience and knowledge:
- Previous commercial vehicle mechanical and electrical repair experience required;
- Fault finding and diagnostics.
Sound good? Well, here what we will do for you as a Mechanical Engineer:
- Excellent rates of pay;
- Company Pension;
- Free membership to the Public Transport Benevolent Fund [providing legal advice, grants, therapies and reduced costs on prescriptions, eye tests and much more];
- 23/28 days paid annual holiday;
- Complete company uniform including PPE;
- In-house personal development and iMA training programme;
- In-house counter terrorism training for PCV driver awareness;
- Team crew room with snacks, refreshment facilities, TV and internet access;
- Social activities including a Christmas party, Christmas Savings Club, summer party, breakfast morning, team-building events and days out;
- Charity events;
- Flexible shifts.
Belle Vue has expanded considerably in recent years and our commitment to customer service, fleet investment and team training are all paramount in providing a service that is cost-effective and reliable. A service that keeps the customers coming back for more.
Sound like you? Do you want to join an award-winning business who look after their staff? Then apply now and we will get back to you ASAP.